LICENCE AND AGE REQUIREMENTS
Motorcycle hirers must hold a current foreign, International or unrestricted
Australian Motorcycle licence and be over the age of 25 years.
The 400/650cc trail bikes are available to riders over 21 years of age, and/or a provisional license.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Security bond must be paid by an authorised credit card owned by the hirer or their spouse/partner. We accept Visa and MasterCard.
- Two forms of identification including photo ID are required
- Foreign licence holders must produce their passport
- All hirers must have recent riding experience on similar bikes to that which they wish to hire
- Riding of road type motorcycles on beaches, sand tracks and unmade roads is not permitted.
- Motorcycles must be returned clean and with a full tank of petrol
- All rentals are subject to the terms and conditions included in the rental agreement and are subject to availability
PICK UP AND RETURN
Our normal hours of operation are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 12 noon Saturday. Pick up or return outside these hours by special arrangement only.
Sunday: On Sundays we open between 7.30am to 8.30am (by appointment) to book bikes out then between 4.30pm and 5pm to receive bikes back in. All Saturday and Sunday bookings are charged at the 24 hour rental rate.
For multiple day rentals, the pick-up day and drop-off days are counted as full days if the pick-up and drop-off times fall inside the hours of 9am and 4pm.
*Late returns will incur a charge of $20 per hour for every complete hour following the designated return time.
ONE WAY RENTALS
We offer a one-way rental option between Noosa and Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Darwin or Perth. All one-way rentals have to either start or finish at Noosa. One-way rentals are only available between the following locations for minimum hire periods of 7 days (additional days available at the normal rental rate) and the relocation fees are as follows:
- Noosa -Sydney - Noosa: $350.00
- Noosa - Melbourne - Noosa: $450.00
- Noosa - Cairns - Noosa: $400.00
- Noosa - Adelaide - Noosa: $500.00
One way rentals are only available from Darwin or Perth for minimum hire periods of 12 days (additional days available at the normal rental rate) and the relocation fees are as follows:
- Noosa - Darwin - Noosa: $800.00
- Noosa - Perth - Noosa: $1,000.00
Please Note: Helmets and jackets cannot be provided on any one-way rental. All one-way rental hirers must supply their own riding gear however new low price helmets and jackets can be purchased from the Aussie Biker Shop if starting a one-way hire from Noosaville or Brisbane.
- An excellent bus transfer service operates daily between the Brisbane airports and Noosa.
- Bus transfers depart both ways every 45mins and travel time is around two hours.
- Cost is approximately $50 from Brisbane International Airport to our shop door - per person.
- Your bus transfer to Noosa is included free for rental periods of 5 days or longer.
- Unavailable for Honda Grom.
REFUNDS, CREDITS AND MOTORCYCLE RETURN
We do NOT provide a refund if a motorcycle is returned early however under certain circumstances, a credit for part of the unused rental time may be offered less the cost of returning the motorcycle, depending on the particular circumstances. Some other definitions and proviso's include the following :
- A "credit" means that a hirer can come back and hire another motorcycle to the same value for the number of days offered with certain "use by" date limitations.
- A credit cannot be used as a form of "cash adjustment" for any monies left owing.
- If a motorcycle is damaged as a result of an accident and unable to be ridden to the rides completion, a credit for the unused period of rental time will not be offered.
- If a rider is injured as a result of an accident where the bike only suffers minimal damage, but the rider is unable to continue due to injuries, a credit may be offered depending on the circumstances and extent of motorcycle damage.
- Any credit offered will be calculated from the number of rental days left unused AFTERthe motorcycle has arrived back to our Noosa shop including time taken to repair any damage and ready the motorcycle for further use.
- If a motorcycle has to be transported back to Noosa as a result of accident damage, rider incapacity or for any other reason other than unrelated mechanical failure, the transportation costs are to be born by the hirer and may be additional to the amount of the security bond held.
Unforeseen circumstances sometimes arise making a cancellation unavoidable, therefore.
- If we receive your intention to cancel by email 90 days or more prior to the motorcycle start date, we will retain 30% of the total hire fee.
- If we receive your intention to cancel by email 8 days or more but less than 90 days prior to the start date, we will retain 50% of the total hire fee.
- If we receive your intention to cancel by email within 2 to 7 days of the motorcycle start date we will retain 80% of the total hire fee.
- If a cancellation is received within 48 hours of the start date or there is a "no show", we will retain 100% of the hire fee.
Please note that in certain circumstances we may choose to accredit all or part of a non-refunded deposit to a new rental date.
This cancellation policy is our general cancellation policy that applies to straight motorcycle rentals. This policy may differ to our cancellation policy that applies to motorcycle rental when combined with a guided tour.
PARKING TICKETS, SPEEDING FINES & OTHER PENALTIES
The major cities of Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne have toll charges attached to all new inner city freeways and ring roads. These toll roads can be avoided however if you use a toll road, the toll fee MUST BE PAID BY THE HIRER within three days.
This can be done by phoning the number displayed on the large road signs along the toll roads however we have also provided a list of the various State toll road authorities websites on a tank sticker on the bike.
TAKE THE WORRY out of toll payments! You can prepay $50 and we will pay all toll charges on your behalf. This will mainly be of benefit if you are planning a longer term rental that includes most major cities. Please note that this offer does not extend to your speeding and parking fines.
Any speeding fine notices or unpaid toll notices received will incur a charge of $30 per penalty notice as it takes considerable time to process statutory declarations, complete and mail out all necessary paper work.
The following fees will apply.
- Unpaid road tolls: $30.
- Traffic infringement notices: $30.
- Unpaid parking fines: $30.
Please note: If your card is charged, our payment receipt for the above and a copy of the penalty notice will be posted to the address provided on the rental form.
Just copy and paste this page if you would like a printed copy